Analytics & measurement in the digital media industry is no doubt one of the most important skills and expertise every digital marketer/professional must have so just before you consider the getting a 3rd party to handle your social media analytics, below are 15 free & paid social media analytics & monitoring tools you should sign up for! According to the Tech Target Network:
Social media analytics is the practice of gathering data from blogs & social media websites and analyzing that data to make business decisions. The most common use of social media analytics is to mine customer sentiment in order to support marketing and customer service activities
The first few set of tools/services listed below are some that I have used personally while others are some other tools & services you should consider depending on your objectives & expectations.
- Hootsuite: Probably one of the most popular tools, Hootsuite allows you to track brand sentiment, follower growth, monitor and post to multiple social networks, including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. You can also draft and schedule messages to send at a time your audience is most likely to be online.
- Viralwoot: With a single account, you can manage and grow multiple Pinterest accounts. With features like the Pin Scheduler, Viralwoot also allows you to schedule pins for future updates. Another important feature is that it lets you track what people are pinning from your website, who is pinning the most & what images from your website are trending on Pinterest.
- Crowdfire: This Twitter growth tool lets you get relevant followers with features like Copy followers & Keyword follow. Like Hootsuite, it also allows you to schedule your tweets to get maximum reach with Publish, manage non-followers & inactive followers and engage with new users using Auto direct message.
- Buffer: With this tool, you can manage your Facebook (Profile, Page, and Group), Linkedin (Profile and Company Page), Twitter profile, Google+ business page & Pinterest account! To have consistent social media presence all day round & week long, simply fill up the buffer app anytime of the day and Buffer will automatically post them for you! It also provides deeper analytics compared to publishing on social networks directly.
- Iconosquare: This platform provides more advanced analytics and reports on your instagram account. It features a growth chart & provides key metrics about your account including the number of likes received, your most liked photos ever, your average number of likes and comments per photo.
- Klear.com: This platform provides competitive analysis. It tracks your social media landscape, identifies what is working for your competition and develops your strategy. It also helps you create relationships with the top influencers in your sector & contributes to building your community.
In addition to the tools and services mentioned above, others includes Cyfe – an all-in-one dashboard software that helps you monitor and analyze data scattered across all your online services like Google Analytics, Salesforce, AdSense, MailChimp, Facebook, WordPress and more from one single location in real-time! You might also want to consider: Klout, Twitter Analytics, Boardreader, Kred, Mentionmap, Postific, Pinterest Analytics, Zoomshare amongst several others. Please share other social media analytics tools and services you know in the comment section below to add to the list!